The Grŵp has hundreds of courses on offer - from BTECs, to A-levels, to apprenticeships, to degrees, to suit every need and to help you fulfil your potential.
For those currently in Year 11, deciding what to do after your GCSEs is difficult, and many students go with the simplest option, which is to stay in school.
But, what if you're having doubts about your decision to go to sixth form? Perhaps you're thinking that you should have chosen different subjects? Or chosen a course that is more 'hands-on,' where you learn a trade or vocational skill?
To help you think things over, we've drawn up a list of just a few of the benefits of coming to study at college:
- More choice - college can offer you a wide range of courses, both academic and vocational, in more than 35 subject areas. At AS/A Level alone, you can choose from nearly 40 different subjects;
- More skills - at college, there will be opportunities for work experience and participation in national competitions;
- More support - Personal Tutors, a Learning Support Team, Student Advisors and Learning Coaches are all easily accessible;
- More independence - you'll be treated like an adult at college, and the skills you develop, such as communication, time management, teamwork, social skills and work experience, will make you more employable and prepared for the world of work or higher education;
- More social opportunities - over 20,000 students study across our campuses, so chances are that you'll meet many different and interesting people if you study with us - some of whom might turn out to be friends for life!
To be able to get more of a feel about the college’s wide range of courses, college students’ views and the college itself within the current restrictions, the Grŵp will be running a Virtual Open Events’ initiative throughout the summer. You can view course videos for each area and listen to what our current students have to say about their time at college on our website’s dedicated mini-site, or view the full suite of videos on the college’s Facebook page at your leisure…all from the comfort of your own home! You can also search the range of courses available and apply directly through our website. (www.gllm.ac.uk)
In 2020, despite the pandemic, students across the Grŵp's twelve campuses achieved remarkable personal goals and successes.
- A Level student Sohaib Hassan gained an A* in History after studying for the full A-level in only 12 months, enabling him to accept an unconditional offer for Oxford University
- Media degree student Lucy Sharpe, was "in dreamland" after she was chosen to work on UK television's biggest show of the year: 'I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here'!
- Student Ambassador Tirion Thomas, who had just completed her Health and Social Care Level 3 studies at the Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor, Dolgellau campus, was announced the winner of the BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year's 'Unsung Hero' award
In conclusion, if you choose to study at one of our colleges, you will leave with a recognised qualification that will significantly help get you the job, apprenticeship or university place that you really want!
It's never too late to change. Apply directly through our website today, email us at: email@example.com or contact the course advice lines on 01492 542 338 for Coleg Llandrillo, 01758 701 385 for Coleg Meirion-Dwyfor, and 01248 383 333 for Coleg Menai.
We look forward to welcoming you very soon!