Would you like a career in health and social care? Could you benefit from a practical introductory course?
This course helps you to develop knowledge and skills for numerous careers in the care sector.
The course is a practical and hands-on programme, taught in the context of real job roles and situations and will prepare you for the next step in your career, either at college or in the workplace.
The health, social and childcare sector is about putting others before ourselves, therefore your interview will help us decide if you are suitable to engage with the more vulnerable members of society. In your interview, we will discuss the importance of suitable work experience in the sector. Work experience must be completed successfully to finish the course. The interview will also give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the course, life at college, or working in the heath, social, or childcare sectors.
UNITS INCLUDE (these may vary across sites):
To support you along the way:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
Health and Social Care/Childcare
- Planning a safe childcare environment
- Supporting children's learning through everyday experiences
- Communication skills for Health and Social Care
- Welsh Language in nurseries for Early Years Practitioners (greetings, needs, numbers, colours, expression of intent, days of the week)
- Care Options
- An Introduction to Health
- Play and child development
- Awareness of Safeguarding in Health and Social Care (Adults, Children and Young People), Early Years and Childcare
Additional units to develop you further:
- Contribute to running an event
- Getting people active
- Keeping active and healthy
- Understanding cyberbullying
- Health and Safety