Careers in the health, social and children’s development sector involve putting others before ourselves and using your skills to keep others safe and well.
The course will help you develop your understanding of the theoretical, legal, psychological, social and educational principles which underpin working effectively to care, support, empower and develop others.
The course helps you develop your communication skills and your understanding of working with diverse and often vulnerable individuals. The course will also develop the skills needed for successful study and progression to higher level qualifications.
During the programme you will also build your understanding of the range of careers in this sector.
Attending an Open Event with us gives you the opportunity to find out more about working in this sector and the range of careers this starting course can lead you to. You will be able to ask any questions you may have about the course, life at college, or working in health, social, or children’s development, care and education sectors.
UNITS INCLUDE (these may vary across sites):
Health and Social Care/Childcare:
To support you along the way, the units studied include being organised, developing a personal progression plan, working with others, researching a topic and a range from the following list:
- Planning a safe childcare environment
- Supporting children's learning through everyday experiences
- Communication skills for Health and Social Care
- Welsh Language in nurseries for Early Years Practitioners (greetings, needs, numbers, colours, expression of intent, days of the week)
- Care Options
- An Introduction to Health
- Play and child development
- Awareness of Safeguarding in Health and Social Care (Adults, Children and Young People), Early Years and Childcare
- Contribute to running an event
- Getting people active
- Keeping active and healthy
- Understanding cyberbullying
- Health and Safety
You will be allocated a personal tutor to support you with your personal and academic progress throughout your time in college.
Please contact Learner Services to find out more.