- We ensure that all learners are able to access high quality learning provision which meets their needs, abilities and aspirations.
- We strive to remove all barriers which could prevent learners from participating in our learning programmes.
- We effectively identify the needs of learners requiring additional support and provide appropriate interventions to meet those needs.
- We are committed to working with a range of community groups and partnerships in order to increase participation from underrepresented groups.
- We will ensure that we maintain accurate and easily accessible data which provides us with clear profiles of our learner cohorts.
- We will report on an annual basis on the make-up of our learner groups and their comparative performance.
- We will promote projects and campaigns in order to challenge stereotypes in areas where imbalances are identified.
- We ensure that our learners have regular and effective mechanisms for voicing their views and opinions on equality issues.
- We actively encourage our learners to engage in dialogue on equality issues through learner panels and other fora.
- We are committed to responding to issues raised by learners and to communicating any actions taken as a result.
- We strive to ensure that the staff we employ represent the communities we serve and that diversity is represented at all levels of the organisation.
- We are committed to being an Investor in People and to maintaining the "Two Ticks" accreditation as an employer.
- We strive to ensure that our staff policies and procedures are effective in eliminating any forms of harassment or discrimination on the part of our workforce.
- We are committed to ensuring that all staff receive appropriate training in equality and diversity issues.
- "Equity" is one of the Grwp's key Values as set out in our Strategic Plan.
- We set high standards of conduct and expect that all students, staff, visitors and clients are treated with dignity and courtesy.
- We are committed to ensuring that staff and students treat each other with respect as is noted in our "Values".
- We will not tolerate any form of bullying or discrimination of staff or learners, particularly those from protected groups.
- We encourage the celebration of diversity through regular cross-Grwp themed events.
- We make our commitment to diversity clear and transparent in all our publications and electronic materials.
Planning and Monitoring
- Equality and diversity informs our planning processes at all levels.
- Equality impact assessments are undertaken to ensure that changes to policies and procedures have positive effects on all relevant groups.
- The Grwp's Strategic Equality Plan is regularly monitored and updated to bring about improvements which reflect the changing needs of the organisation.
- We are committed to making improvements to ensure fair and accessible services are provided to all our learners, customers and stakeholders.
- An Equality and Diversity Panel consisting of a cross-section of staff and students meets regularly to monitor our Equality Action Plan.
- An Annual Report on the effectiveness of the organisation in meeting its equality objectives is approved by the Board of Governors and is published on the Grwp's website.
- The Chief Executive Officer and senior managers are fully committed to equality and diversity across all groups categorised as having protected characteristics as set out in the 2010 Equality Act.
- The Governing Body holds the senior management team accountable for ensuring that equality and diversity is fully embedded into all aspects of the Grwp's operations.
Download our Equality Strategy and Action Plan
Download our Annual Equality Report
During your time in college, you will have the opportunity to volunteer as a Diversity Champion.
The aim of the role is to champion opportunities for students to follow less gender-stereotyped routes (for example, to get more females into construction and engineering, and more males into health & social care, and hair & beauty). It’s a fantastic opportunity to meet other students and to develop your skills for your CV!