Grŵp Llandrillo Menai Annual Impact Summary
In summary, our overall ambition for Entrepreneurship at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai is to:
Provide all learners with an opportunity to participate in entrepreneurial activities, supporting those with specific ambitions to start-up and beyond; helping them to progress through the regional enterprise ecosystem and contributing to increasing the numbers of start-ups across North Wales.
Well, who would have thought that 2020 would turn out to be like no other in living memory. GLLM started the year on a high with the launch of our HE hub at Dolgellau and plans were in place for a range of activities. However with the lockdown came major changes to all our lives and a quick re-think was necessary to engage and support our young entrepreneurs. Please find below our 2020 Annual report which we believe makes very interesting reading and is a report of immense pride at the levels of activity which did actually take place.
Since its merger Grwp Llandrillo Menai (GLLM) has demonstrated a commitment to the promotion and embedding of a culture that clearly demonstrates the importance given to entrepreneurship. It is viewed as a means of stimulating economic growth and improving prosperity.
GLLM is fortunate to have very knowledgeable and experienced Enterprise Champions who are responsible for co-ordinating and delivering events, activities and mentoring across all 9 campuses. The team is led by Karen Aerts who also runs her own counselling business and amongst her areas of expertise are confidence and resilience workshops. In September 2020 Shoned Owen joined us with responsibility for the Coleg Menai and Coleg Meirion Dwyfor sites and brought with her an unique skills-set of running her own successful business with a focus on social media. The team continue to be strengthened by Stephanie Harding a Business lecturer who has overall responsibility for promoting enterprise to our HE students.
GLLM Enterprise Aims
- Ensure all learners have access to Enterprise education and activities as part of their curriculum to improve their employment prospects and benefit a growing knowledge economy
- Engage with approximately 4000 learners each year (except for 2020) as a result of embedding Enterprise and Entrepreneurship into full time courses
- Empower teaching & learning staff to embed an entrepreneurial ethos in their specific curriculum
- Operate and think in innovative and enterprising ways to ensure that the Grŵp is performing to the highest level
- Identify, create and plan for new opportunities linked to our regional sector priorities and local market intelligence
- Embrace enterprise education as a life-long learning process
- Maximise our capacity by using external partners and stakeholder resources
- As part of Be the Spark activities, encourage learners to register and engage to help build and connect with the entrepreneurial community in Wales.
|Engage (entrepreneurship awareness raising activities)||1285|
|Empower (Students participating in activities to increase entrepreneurial capacity)||288|
|Students supported to start a business||19|
|Number of businesses started||7|