This course is for operators who already hold certification, but are due there recommended refresher. The HSE recommends that the qualification is refreshed between 3 to 5 years.
The RTITB Counterbalance Lift Truck (often referred to as a forklift) operator training course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection, and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Lift truck controls and instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- On/off ramp driving
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking
- Lift truck stability
- The operators’ safety code