Develops the learners to enable them to:
Preparation for FE (Entry 3):
- Promotes and focuses on building self-confidence and self-esteem through a variety of classroom based activities.
- potentially access vocational mainstream programmes at level 1.
- In year 1 - opportunities to undertake practical sessions on outdoor learning, Practical Sport, Practical Cookery and Practical Life Skills in our purpose-built flat
- In year 2 - primarily the focus is on preparation for progressing to either Pre-Vocational Studies (Level 1) or mainstream vocational courses
Pre-Vocational Studies (Level 1):
- Gain the skills and confidence to progress to mainstream opportunities in a chosen vocational area at Level 2.
- This is a programme that has a much less practical focus and ios more about working towards the study skills, literacy and numeracy skills needed to progress to mainstream Level 2 courses.
There is an option at the end of both courses to progress to the Step Up to Work programmes, which is a supported employment programme that follows on from the Pre-Vocational pathway. This course enables learners to develop skills for the workplace that eventually leads to a variety of paid employment opportunities. Step Up to Work courses are one day in college and two days’ work experience.