The law requires that all food handlers need to be trained according to their food handling work activities. Should an employee achieve a Highfield food safety qualification, which is suitable for the work they do, it will assist food business operators in proving that they have displayed due diligence and are therefore compliant in the eyes of the law. Typical environments may include pubs, hotels, restaurants, retail, factories, contract catering, fast-food outlets, hospitals, care and nursing homes, schools, prisons and the armed forces.
Food Safety Level 3 – ensures that supervisors are aware of the legislation applicable to food safety and how to communicate the required standards to employees.
This qualification is aimed at
- Supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the manufacturing industry including those working in distribution and storage;
- Supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the catering industry, including those working in the care sector;
- Supervisors, team leaders and line managers working in the retail industry and other related industries.
- Those who own/manage a small catering business.
At the end of this course, you will gain the following Awards (
Applicants should specify which award they wish to complete when applying
Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Food Manufacturing
Highfield Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Retail
- How food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation,
- The application and monitoring of good hygiene practices,
- How to implement food safety management procedures
- The role of supervision in food safety management procedures.
Full Course Fee £200
SEE (Skills for Employers & Employees) funding support is available for courses ending by 31/05/23. For further details including eligibility information, please contact us.
1, 2 & 8 February 2023.
25, 26 April & 3 May 2023.
Dolgellau Dates -
9, 16 & 23 November 2022.