Accessing a fully funded Degree Apprenticeship can add immense value to businesses. Degree Apprenticeships enable employees in Wales to study and gain a University level Degree whilst working. Employers will gain a highly upskilled employee with both the academic and practical skills required to advance the workforce. Applicants can be either existing employees identified and supported to be upskilled or exciting new apprenticeship roles to recruit into the business.
As part of a Degree Apprenticeship, students will be in paid employment with an employer and study one full day and one evening per week.
During the first two years you will study mainly at the college for one day and one evening a week. In the last year of the Degree Apprenticeship, you’ll move location to Bangor University to study for one day per week to complete the BSc (Hons) qualification. You will graduate at the end with a degree from Bangor University.
These degree apprenticeships are fully-funded - meaning that you’ll gain valuable work experience and achieve an industry-relevant degree at no cost!
Some of the benefits of a degree apprenticeship
No debt - Traditional higher education students face tuition fees of over £9,000 a year, along with the living costs associated with studying away from home. These courses are fully-funded by the by Higher Education Funding Council for Wales - combining all the benefits of a conventional degree without the financial drawbacks!
- Earn while you learn – As a Degree Apprentice you’ll be employed as part of your course, meaning you’ll earn a salary whilst studying.
- Industry qualification – Your qualification is directly related to your industry, giving you and your employer the skills needed to be a success.
- Employability skills – Alongside your academic qualification, a Degree Apprenticeship allows you to continue your practical work experience and progress in your career.
- Employer benefits include- Enhancing the existing and future workforce. filling higher-level skills gaps, increasing productivity and efficiency and demonstrating powerful commitments to investing in people.
- An employee will need to be in either full or part-time employment (minimum 16 hours a week) in a relevant industry.
- An employee will need to work in Wales for at least 51% of their working time
- An employee will need to be able to attend one day and one evening per week for studies
- An employee will need to meet the individual programme entry requirements
- Similar to other apprenticeships, Degree Apprenticeships consist of both work-based learning and Higher Education academic study. The employee must be in a job role appropriate to the programme they are studying.
- An employee must not have studied a similar subject at this level or higher previously
- There is no upper age limit for Degree Apprenticeships
What Degree Apprenticeships are available?
Are you looking to advance your career?
You no longer have to choose between a degree or an apprenticeship. Employers in Wales can now offer degree-level apprenticeships, so you can study for a funded, debt-free degree while gaining hands-on employed experience. Degree apprenticeships are great if you have a career path in mind and want to earn as you learn.
You don’t need to be a new member of staff to start a Degree Apprenticeship, you and your employer may be looking to develop your skills further.
We are currently recruiting for Degree Apprenticeships, BSc (Hons) in:
- Applied Software Engineering
- Applied Cyber Security
- Applied Data Science
- Applied Mechanical Engineering Systems
- Applied Electrical/Electronic Engineering Systems
For more information on the above courses click here.
For specific course enquiries, please contact:
- Applied Software Engineering (BCS accredited, initial RITTech) / Applied Cyber Security (BCS accredited, initial RITTech) / Applied Data Science (BCS accredited, initial RITTech):
Andy Scott (Programme Leader) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applied Engineering Programmes on Rhos-on-Sea campus:
Steve Ryan (Programme Leader) email@example.com
- Applied Engineering Programmes on Llangefni campus:
Eurfon Davies (Programme Leader) firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries or to discuss the opportunities available, get in touch with us directly by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.