Glynllifon is a land-based campus with residential facilities, situated on the Glynllifon Estate near Caernarfon.
The Glynllifon farm, including the woodland, extends to 300 hectares, and is a great environment for studying countryside management and agricultural studies. Agriculture students will gain hands-on experience on Glynllifon’s working farm which has:
- A crossbred Autumn calving dairy herd
- A Spring calving Stabiliser and Welsh Black beef herd
- A lowland flock of 500 Llŷn ewes
- 50 Continental terminal sire flock
- A pig herd of 50 Welsh and Hybrid sows
Recent investments at the farm include the cattle roundhouse and a state-of-the-art pig unit.
The campus also has an animal studies centre, engineering centre and forest & sawmill.
The state-of-the-art teaching block provides contemporary facilities for classroom-based learning, IT rooms, plus a library & resource centre, a large lecture theatre, two purpose-built rooms for exotic animals and the veterinary nursing course, plus kitchens and workrooms for the Independent Living Skills Department.
The £7.4 million Llifon teaching block provides:
- contemporary classrooms
- IT rooms
- library & resource centre
- a large lecture theatre
- a well-stocked exotic animal facility