If you are looking for a job but don’t feel you have enough work experience, Jobs Growth Wales could help.
What is Jobs Growth Wales?
Jobs Growth Wales is a programme run by the Welsh Government for 16-24-year-olds in Wales.
Jobs Growth Wales key facts:
- Six months opportunity in a paid job
- It pays at least the National Minimum Wage. Find out more about the National Minimum Wage on gov.uk
- You will have a contract written by your employer
- You will get the chance to gain the work experience you may be lacking
- If you have a disability or face other barriers you can get additional help and mentoring while you are in the job
- Jobs Growth Wales is funded by the Welsh Government with the support of the European Social Fund
Am I eligible to apply for a Jobs Growth Wales vacancy?
To be eligible to apply for a Jobs Growth Wales vacancy you must:
- Be aged between 16 and 24 years
- Live in Wales
- Not already be in full-time employment (full-time employment is 16 hours per week and over)
- Not completed the full 6 months of a previous Jobs Growth Wales vacancy
- Not have been referred to/or are taking part in the Work Programme or Work Choice Programme (Check with your Jobcentre Plus adviser if you are registered with them)
- Not be in full-time education (full-time education is 16 hours and over)
- Not be on a Welsh Government work-based learning programme
For further information, visit the Careers Wales website or contact one of our BDAs on 08445 460 460.