This qualification provides the underpinning knowledge required by people with fire safety responsibilities at work. It is particularly relevant for those who contribute to or review fire risk assessments within low to medium risk workplaces.
For many who already have responsibility for other compliance issues, such as health and safety or environmental management, gaining specialist knowledge of fire safety can further expand their capabilities and advancement to their career.
The qualification is divided into two units:
- FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
- FC2: Practical Fire Risk Assessment
Learners will be able to complete a fire safety risk assessment of a workplace. In particular, to:
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Identify people who could be at risk should a fire start
- Assess the adequacy of existing fire safety measures to control risk
- Assess the risk of fire occurring and the speed at which fire and smoke could spread
- Assess the risk to people from fire
This course will be remotely delivered by a tutor in a virtual online classroom and delegates must have access to a suitable PC, laptop or tablet with a camera, speakers and a robust internet connection sufficient to cope with online delivery.