This course aims to provide the knowledge and skills require to operate a telescopic handler. It is suitable for operators of all abilities and those who have received no previous formal training or instruction.
At the end of the course all learners should be able to:
• Operate the plant machinery during normal routine tasks
• Assess whether particular loads are safe to lift
• Carry out routine telehandler servicing and plant maintenance in line with manufacturing instructions
• Carry out minor mechanical adjustments
• Prepare the vehicle to drive on public highways in accordance with the requirements Part II of the UK Road Traffic Act.
• Understand the purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions required for its operations.
• Understand how the telehandler machine works and the maintenance involved.
• Understand the effects of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability and safety.
• Describe the loading, storage and transit of representative materials.
• Describe the basic construction of pallets.
• Describe the permitted loading of scaffolds.