The Diploma is available via an apprenticeship route, which is a fully-funded programme, funded by the Welsh Government.
This programme is approximately 18-24 months in duration.
Elements of this framework include – Essential Skills Wales in Application of Number Level 2, Communication Level 2 & Digital Literacy Level 2. (Relevant GCSE proxies apply if the applicant has grades A-C GCSEs)
This qualification is accredited through the awarding body, Agored.
Potential learners must be employed as a trainee dental nurse in order to undertake this qualification.
The qualification focuses on the following topics:
- Oral & Dental Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental & Oral Diseases & Preventive Practice
- Dental Treatment
- Patient care procedures
The qualification is suitable for:
- Unqualified dental nurses already working as dental nurses
- Qualified but unregistered dental nurses who wish to obtain a dental nursing qualification and be registered with the GDC
Benefits of the course include:
- Learners achieve a professional a recognised qualification
- Provides learners with a clear career pathway
There are 6 units that form the Diploma and these total to 50 credits overall.