The Active Ambassador Programme is designed to develop leaders of the future across Grŵp
Llandrillo Menai promoting the importance of health and wellbeing and participating in physical
Learners enrolling on the programme will not need to be elite athletes, the programme is aimed at
enthusiastic and motivated Grŵp Llandrillo Menai learners who want to make a difference in their college
and local community.
As part of the programme you will:
- Be the youth voice for physical activity in their college and community;
- Promote the positive values of activity;
- Be a role model for promoting wellbeing and a healthy lifestyle;
- Increase participation opportunities and healthy lifestyles for everyone.
Types of Programme
There are five different types of Active Ambassador Programme available, each focusing on a specific
interests and skills sets. The Ambassador Programme looks to attract a wide range of skills and
abilities to be a more diverse and inclusive programme.
- Event Volunteer
- Active Leader
As part of the programme you will be able to:
- complete volunteering hours in the community;
- access opportunities and support
- take part in project ideas
- access additional training and qualifications
Partnership Links with WRU
Grŵp Llandrillo Menai has partnered with the Welsh Rugby Union to host a Rugby Engagement Officer as part
of the WRU Hub Programme, which aims to grow, develop and enhance the national game whilst broadening
its appeal. This will ensure that rugby will be inclusive and engaging to male and female participants
of all ages and sections of our communities whatever their motivation and/or need.
Activities this term
There are a range of activities taking place this term so you can get involved with the Active Ambassador
Rugby Engagement Events 2019-2020 (PDF)
To find out further information about the scheme including activities undertaken by our previous Active
Ambassadors, please contact our Rugby Engagement Officer, Hannah Hughes, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.