The Construction and Engineering Department at Coleg Meirion Dwyfor is a forward-thinking department offering courses in a range of disciplines. Teaching and learning take place with access to industry standard equipment and in modern facilities. Within the department, we have two sites; Hafan (Pwllheli) and CaMDA (Dolgellau), which both deliver Engineering qualifications.
We are looking for a full-time member staff to join the Engineering side of the department; to help develop learners’ electrical skills. We currently have excellent mechanical engineering, production engineering, machining and welding lecturers, and we would like to build on this to include electrical/electronic engineering, as well as robotics and PLC’s. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver high standards of teaching and learning and give ongoing support, advice and guidance to students that promotes success.
Key expectations of the role:
1. To provide high quality teaching, to create effective opportunities for learning and to enable all
learners to achieve to the best of their ability.
2. Provide excellent extracurricular experiences for our learners.
3. Maintain the high standards of the provision with the support given to the learners.
4. Ensure that the Grŵp’s policies and procedures are followed.
5. Supporting learners to succeed in order to achieve their targets or higher, challenging and stretching