Apprentice Grounds Maintenance Operative
Would you love to develop a career within horticulture / grounds maintenance? With this superb opportunity to join North Wales Housing, you’ll gain valuable practical grounds and property maintenance experience, as you work towards a recognised qualification.
North Wales Housing Association is an ambitious social enterprise which provides homes and delivers services to over 2,500 households across North Wales. Employing around 200 people, the growing organisation is proud to be accredited with an ‘Investors in People’ award and is committed to providing homes people love to live in, and to supporting communities people love to be part of.
What will this role ofApprentice Grounds Maintenance Operative entail?
As an Apprentice Grounds Maintenance Operative, you’ll be fully trained in grounds and property maintenance, working towards a recognised qualification whilst gaining practical experience of:
- Assisting with horticultural operations, to include pruning, seasonal bedding, pest and disease control, general grass and hedge cutting, and irrigation
- Clearing and maintaining gullies, water features, water courses etc.
- Repairing, installing and maintaining fences, barriers, gates, bollards etc.
- Collecting and disposing litter
- Assisting with hard and soft landscaping projects
As part of the role you’ll be working towards a recognised qualification, attending College on a day release basis to fulfil the requirements of your NVQ when required, ensuring the completion of all training assignments and maintenance of your student portfolio required to achieve qualification.
What will I need in order to be considered for this Apprentice Grounds Maintenance Operative role?
- Comfortable with everyday Welsh conversations / discussions specifically in relation to the job
- Ability to establish and sustain good working relationships within a team environment, and to work alone
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with a good standard of numeracy
- A willingness to undertake any relevant training
North Wales Housing values diversity in its workforce. We welcome applications from women, people from a BAME community and people who have a disability as they are currently underrepresented within this area. However, successful candidates will be selected because they are the best person for the job.
NWH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of service users.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Year 1 - £4.50 per hour (above Apprentice wage) | Year 2 – National Minimum Wage for your age
Additional benefits:Employee health assistance scheme, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, payment of professional membership, contributory pension scheme plus much more
Contract: Temporary for 2 years, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Field based working at North Wales Housing properties across North Wales as advised on a daily basis.
Closing date: 1pm on 7th August 2019
Interview date: 22nd August 2019
By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the North Wales Housing website.
All applications for this Apprentice Grounds Maintenance vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.