Llandrillo Menai International holds a UK Visas and Immigration Sponsor Licence to recruit students from overseas.

You will need a visa to study in the UK, unless you are a citizen/national of a European Economic Area country or Switzerland.

If you accept our offer of a place to study at Llandrillo Menai International, our team of experienced International Officers will be able to advise you on a range of visa and immigration issues, and help you apply for your Tier 4 General visa.

Do I need a Tier 4 visa?

If you are planning to do any of these full time courses at Llandrillo Menai International and are not a UK or EEA/EU national then you will require a Tier 4 visa.

Pre Degree courses

  • A Levels
  • Pathways – Access to Higher Education
  • Vocational Pre-Degree Courses
  • National awards, certificates and Diplomas
  • Higher Education Courses
  • Honours Degree: BA (Hons) and BSc (Hons)
  • Foundation Degree
  • Higher National Diploma

If you have an offer for Full Time English Language then you do not need a Tier 4 Visa. You will be able to apply for a Short Term Study Visa for up to 11 months.

Your offer letter will tell you which type of visa you need for the course you will be studying.

We have produced a guide to help you prepare your visa application. You are able to download it at the bottom of the page.on the right side of the page.

All information in the guide is reviewed regularly but it is important that you read all of the information on the UKVI website as changes to visa regulations often occur with little notice.

English Language Testing


The UK government made changes to language testing for visa applications, reducing the number of tests accepted for visa purposes and bringing in new requirements for the way the tests will be administered. Before applying for an IELTS test candidates should check that they are taking the correct test:-

IELTS General Training for UKVI – for study below degree level – students studying International Foundation Programme, Access or Level 3 course such as A Levels or BTEC at Llandrillo Menai International.

IELTS Academic for UKVI – for students who are progressing onto a Degree or Postgraduate course at a UK University and HEIs, where they require you to take an IELTS test to meet their entry requirements. Check with the institution for their current requirements. This test can also be used for entry onto Level 3 courses.

Test centres are based in the UK and countries around the world.

If you are booking an IELTS test online for visa purposes, you need to go to the official IELTS website address to book your test: http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/

We advise all students to take the IELTS Academic for UKVI test regardless of the Level of course you are applying for.

If you do not take the correct test, you will not be able to apply for your visa.

A sample of the correct type of IELTS certificate can be found at the bottom of the page.on the right side of the page.

Contact us

You can contact us by:

Student Visa Guide

Sample IELTS Certificate