We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and driven Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Bangor.
Working with experienced Quantity Surveyors on a range of infrastructure schemes which are predominantly highways and rail focused, you will undertake a range of QS responsibilities, whilst developing the required knowledge and skills to succeed in your surveying career. You will work under the direct supervision of a mentor, providing you with advice and guidance and extensive on the job training whilst undertaking a recognised quantity surveying qualification.
- Measurement of quantities for construction projects in accordance with recognised industry standards
- Collection, analysis and reporting of cost data
- Assisting project teams in contract administration and commercial management of projects
- Assisting senior team members with legal and contractual issues on projects
- Document management and control
- Arithmetic and basic checking of work undertaken by others
- Working to budgets and timescales
- Good communication and strong team working skills.
- Well organised with a good attention to detail.
- Willing and able to work in both a Corderoy office and a client office, as required by the business.
You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade 4 or above (or equivalent) which must include English, Maths and Science.
No previous quantity surveying experience is required, however, commitment to a career in quantity surveying and construction is essential.
Applicants who have also achieved relevant (or equivalent) qualifications at A level, HNC, or L4 Technician status, are preferred. School leavers, completing their GCSEs will also be considered.
Please submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org