The Royal Oak, Betws-y-Coed Ltd is an award-winning hospitality business with a heritage spanning almost 200 years. It operates hotels on three sites including The Royal Oak Hotel, The Waterloo Hotel, and The Lodge and Stables Lodge.
We are recruiting for the position of trainee grounds person and giving the opportunity to attain a recognised qualification in Environmental Conservation. This will include gardening and landscape care and maintenance duties on all three of our sites in Betws y Coed. Duties to include –
- Maintaining a safe work environment at all times
- Planning and tending herbaceous borders
- Hedge and grass cutting
- Pruning and tree planting
- Sweeping, clearing of litter and leaves
- Application of pesticides
- Assist in hard landscape work
The successful applicant will enjoy being outdoors and meeting and greeting guests in the grounds, and appreciate working in picturesque surroundings! You needn’t have any prior qualification or experience although this would be an advantage. The applicant will understand the role is physically demanding. It will involve the use of hand and power tools, working in situations with difficult access including working at height on occasions, and work in all weathers for long periods of time. You will however be provided with full protective clothing including wet weather gear, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Employee benefits will include:
- Pay from £6.50 - £8.91 per hour dep on age
- Hours 30 per week. Start between 8/9am. Finish 1/2pm. 5 days a week including weekends and Bank-holidays.
- Staff Pension.
- 28 days paid holiday.
- Discounted membership of leisure spa & gym.
- Free breakfasts on morning shifts
- 20% discount on off-duty meals. 50% discount on-duty meals.
- Optional live-in accommodation with 3 free meals a day
- Free parking
Email your CV and covering letter to Linda Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org