Plumbing Remedial Engineer
Basic salary up to £28,000 per annum + Overtime - OTE £40,000 per annum.
Working Hours: 37.5 Hours Monday to Friday – paid overtime
SMS is one of the UK’s leading independent Water Hygiene specialists, with over 22 years’ experience driving the evolution of the Water Treatment field with innovation and best practice to ensure the safety of the people in the communities we serve.
Due to continual company growth, we are now looking for an experienced, qualified Plumbing Remedial Engineer to join our expanding plumbing team, based across South Wales. Each Plumbing Remedial Engineer will be provided with a company van, uniform, equipment, iPad, mobile and business mileage fuel card, and will enjoy travelling to different client sites, completing high quality remedial plumbing works for our clients.
- Role and responsibilities of the successful Plumbing Remedial Engineer:
- Deliver high quality remedial plumbing tasks
- Conduct water testing and control work, including sampling
- Partnering with Water Treatment Engineers to undertake tank disinfections
- Effectively resolve problems at site level
- Identify and report non-compliances at client premises
- Report water system conditions to Account Managers
- Support and assist in development of new plumbers and colleagues
- Built effective relationships daily with a variety of clients
- Requirements - Essential:
- City & Guilds / NVQ Level 2 Plumbing & Heating qualification
- Remedial plumbing experience, either from domestic or commercial environments
- Excellent communication skills to effectively liaise with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a team or as a lone worker
- IT skills, with ability to use IPad technology with accuracy
- Full UK, Manual, Driving licence
All roles at SMS require a DBS check.
SMS Environmental will cover the cost of this if you do not already hold a valid DBS certificate. SMS Environmental is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting colleagues who are representative of the diversity in our local communities and we welcome applications from all candidates.
Company car & fuel card
Uniform, tools & equipment provided
Paid overtime - enhanced Sunday rate
Employee mentoring programme
Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
Enhanced Sick pay
Medical Plan or Alternative Cash Plan, following 2 years service
Extra Days leave for your birthday, following 2 years service
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday