Hospitality Career Opportunities – Professional Chefs
The Old Courthouse is a unique, elegant music venue with dining in the heart of Caernarfon. The venue includes The Witness Room Bar, The Bench Bistro and the Courthouse Theatre hosting live music performances, functions and weddings.
We are recruiting for the positions of Kitchen Porter, Chef de Partie and Pastry Chef. Chef positions would require some experience. Applicants with no prior kitchen experience would be considered for the Kitchen Porter role although the successful applicant would hopefully see the opportunity to progress and develop skills as a professional chef or other role within hospitality.
- Preparing, seasoning, and cooking and presenting dishes by following Head Chef’s recipes and according to quality and presentation standards in a timely and efficient manner. Preparing meats, fish, vegetables, soups, sauces for a la carte, using a range of cooking methods.
- Washing, peeling and chopping vegetables and meats. Weighing, measuring, portioning and mixing ingredients.
- Operating kitchen equipment including pans, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
- Monitoring stock and keeping paper records.
- Discarding expired and spoiled food items in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers and documenting on waste sheets.
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage.
- Ensuring compliance with food hygiene regulations and health and safety.
- Keeping working areas clean, tidy and sanitised and ensuring no cross contamination.
- Mopping up kitchen spills.
- Receiving and unpacking deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Assisting other kitchen team members when required.
Over time, it is hoped new recruits will enrol onto training, maybe following an apprenticeship programme where appropriate to facilitate personal professional development. The positions offered are available with full time hours. Applications from applicants who speak Welsh and English would be an advantage, but this is not essential.
Call Moira Hartley for an informal chat prior to application - 01286 239010
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org