Grounds Maintenance Apprentice
No previous experience required with this excellent opportunity where you’ll be fully supported as you develop your skills in grounds and property maintenance. This is a field based role, working at properties across North Wales.
North Wales Housing provides homes and delivers services to over 2,700 households across North Wales. Development is core to our future visions, and we’ve committed to over 200 quality new homes by 2023.
Although the organisation is rapidly growing, our vision and values have always been about more than just bricks and mortar. We’re a regional market leader in providing housing and services to vulnerable people, and our tenants are at the heart of everything we do.
Our team of around 170 individuals mean a lot to us, too. We’re proud to say that we’re Gold Standard Investors in People, testament to our desire to care for our colleagues. Our People Strategy focuses on creating an environment where our people are proud to work at a place they want to be, supported to achieve their potential, give their best, and feel valued for their contribution.
- Full time hours, working Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
- 24 month fixed-term contract
- Minimum of 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Benefits platform with savings on groceries, high-street shopping, new tech, holidays etc.
Further studies support and career development opportunities
- Pay rate in line with National Minimum Wage / National Living Wage
- Employee health assistance scheme.
The Role – Grounds Maintenance Apprentice
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be fully supported with training as you work towards a recognised qualification, completing training assignments and maintaining a student portfolio.
Alongside the studies, undertaking grounds and property maintenance, you will assist
- Undertaking the full range of grounds maintenance
- Horticultural operations, including pruning, hedge cutting, irrigation, seasonal bedding, pest and disease control and general grass cuttings
- Clearing and maintaining gullies, water features, water courses etc.
- Repairing, installing and maintaining fences, barriers, gates, bollards and other street furniture
- Collecting and disposing of litter
- Hard and soft landscaping projects
- Property maintenance duties
Our Requirements – Grounds Maintenance Apprentice
- Willingness to undertake any relevant training, including to learn Welsh
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to establish and sustain good working relationships within a team environment
- A suitable level of physical fitness for lifting and carrying heavy items
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Although not essential, as full training will be provided, knowledge of tools, materials, and an appreciation of safety or experience working in a similar environment would be advantageous, as would a UK driving licence.