This is a job advertisement for Green Apprentice at Dyffryn Gwyrdd. The ability to speak Welsh is essential for these posts but we welcome applications from Welsh learners
We are looking for 2 x Green Apprentices to work with the team on developing environmental volunteering opportunities that bring well-being benefits to our community and the individuals who live in the area. Dyffryn Gwyrdd officers will work closely with the Apprentice on a range of duties. The successful candidate will spend a day a week at Glynllifon College while working towards an Environmental Conservation Level 2 Apprenticeship qualification.
- Work with Dyffryn Gwyrdd project staff to run a programme of well-being events and social prescribing activities.
- Attend Grŵp Llandrillo Menai training to work towards an Environmental Conservation Level 2 Apprenticeship qualification and the Partneriaeth Ogwen Habitat and Community qualification.
- Work with Tim Dyffryn Gwyrdd to develop a Dyffryn Gwyrdd Hub as a one-stop shop Hub for providing information on environmental issues.
- Deal politely and professionally with enquiries from members of the community visiting Hwb Dyffryn Gwyrdd helping to signpost sources of information or schemes that may help them.
- Spend time with Dyffryn Gwyrdd partners developing practical skills and gaining work experience.
- Work with a team to identify individuals and groups who would benefit from environmental volunteering opportunities and/or advice on fuel or transport poverty issues.
- Work with the Well-being and Environment officers on the development of an up-cycling cycles with electric motors scheme, and volunteering schemes relating to food sustainability, community growing, promoting healthy eating and tackling food poverty
- Attend any meetings relevant to the post and prepare written reports
Trwy’r wefan neu drwy ebostio firstname.lastname@example.org