We are looking to recruit a Childcare Apprentice at Benllech Preschool to complete their Level 2 diploma in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development from September 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to complete your apprenticeship within a large preschool setting, caring for children aged 2 years to school age.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
- Assist in providing a safe environment for children
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Assist in ensuring the unit is clean and tidy and assist in meal preparation
- Assist colleagues with developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools, parents, and with the community
- Able to support children’s behavior and act as a role model
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
- Supporting children in development and in care routines
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about beginning their career in childcare. You will need to take this role seriously, and be able to demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to communicate effectively with the people around you, making sure that you treat both other staff and children with respect and care at all times.
16 hours a week minimum, Apprentice minimum wage for first year, 2 months trial period (paid). Initially a 1 year contract. A clear DBS and 2 references (work or character) is required for all successful applicants as well as proof or rights to work in the UK.
Email cv or query email to email@example.com by 12/08/22