The Royal Oak, Betws-y-Coed Ltd is an award-winning hospitality business with a heritage spanning almost 200 years. It operates hotels including The Royal Oak, The Waterloo Hotel & Lodge and Stables Lodge. Three positions of Apprentice Commis Chef have been created. This is a great opportunity to enter the hospitality industry, to develop a career as a professional chef or maybe as a starting point, moving into any other departments or general role in future. The employer is fully supportive of continued professional development and promotion.
For this role, there is the opportunity to enrol onto an apprenticeship programme and gain an internationally recognised qualification alongside the industry experience and expert guidance of the The Royal Oak Culinary Team. You learn whilst working with fresh, seasonal, local ingredients, giving a well-rounded experience of professional cookery with the opportunity to work in all stations within the kitchen setting.
Required skills, experience & personality:
You will want to go the extra mile to ‘wow’ our guests, excel within the role and develop a career.
- A ‘can-do- attitude.
- Interest in food and the hospitality industry.
- Attention to detail and take pride in their work.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Will want to engage on training and skills development.
Employment package –
- Annual Salary between £16,400 & £21,000. Annual pay review
- Permanent Employment with guaranteed 39 hours a week in winter.
- Staff Pension.
- 28 days paid holiday. Encouraging chefs to take some leave during busy seasons.
- Discounted membership of leisure spa & gym.
- Free breakfasts on morning shifts
- 20% discount on off-duty meals. 50% discount on-duty meals.
- Optional live-in accommodation with 3 free meals a day
- Free parking
Email your CV and covering letter to Linda Evans at email@example.com