If you answer yes to any of these, then this Pathways course could be for you,
- Are you unsure of what step to take next?
- Didn't get the grades you were hoping for at school?
- Unsure of which career path to choose?
So if you are really unsure of the next step and want to come to college then ‘Pathways to Further Education’ may be exactly what you are looking for.
The focus during the year is to help you plan and get ready for either employment or further study at college and give you skills to work with others. We help you develop these skills through various outings and activities, including visits to Liverpool and Llanberis historical sites, beach activities at Newborough forest, sports days, plus many more.
Some of the areas you will develop further include:
- Healthy living, which including Drug and Alcohol awareness
- Community projects with a focus on the environment
- Taking part in and organise leisure activities
- Work awareness and getting ready for the interview
- Citizenships and your rights as an individual within your community
- Working in teams and developing customer service skills for future opportunities
The main qualification is City and Guilds in Employability and Personal and Social Development Skills, also included are Maths and English qualifications.
A Personal Tutor who will help you organise your studies and meet with you at least once a week.
We will deliver the courses using Lectures, Discussions, Case studies , Outside visits and trips, Interactive learning, Self study, Group work plus many options to make learning enjoyable and fun.
We use many assessment methods, some may be familiar to you and others a new experience, these will include, Coursework, Group assignments, Presentations, role play, observations of your practical working and in some instances exams.