You will be taught through structured lectures, using a simple step-by-step workbook over a period of 13 weekly 2½ hr sessions.
This course is an excellent pre-cursor to further study and preparation for employment in a bookkeeping/accounts role. It will enable you to use a computerised accounting system to enter accounting transactions, perform reconciliations, correct errors and generate a range of reports. You will also be able to maintain the security of accounting information using passwords and backup routines.
You will learn to:
- Enter accounting data at the beginning of an accounting period
- Record customer transactions
- Record supplier transactions
- Record and reconcile bank and cash transactions
- Use journals to enter accounting transactions
- Produce reports
- Maintain the safety and security of data held in the computerised accounting system.
From September 2018 this module will be delivered using Sage Cloud Accounting software.