Is this course right for me?
This course is for people with limited or no experience of using 360 degree excavators above10T. It's also suitable for people who have some experience, but need a formal qualification.
You will learn to operate and maintain an excavator above 10T, including quick hitches.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical test.
Experienced operators who need a formal qualification can do our condensed course.
CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date
Learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
9 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests
You could choose one of the many different courses available at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Additional campus/course information:
- Operate the excavator 360° tracked safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.