Is this course right for me?
This course is for people with limited or no experience of using excavators below 10T. It's also suitable for people who have some experience, but need a formal qualification.
You will learn to operate and maintain an excavator below 10T, including quick hitches.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical test.
Experienced operators who need a formal qualification can do our condensed 3-day course
CITB Health, safety and environment test needs to have been passed within the previous 23 months before the course start date.
Learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
9 days training - classroom lessons and practical exercises
1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests
You could choose one of the many different courses available at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Additional campus/course information:
- Operate the mini excavator safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Carry out necessary routine adjustments and service procedures
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.