Is this course right for me?
This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a telescopic handler.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests at the end.
For experienced operators who require a formal qualification can do our condensed course
CITB Health, safety and environmental test passed no more than two years before the course start date
Learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
4 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests
You could choose one of the many different courses available at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Additional campus/course information:
- Operate the machine for all normal tasks
- Decide whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carry out routine servicing procedures and maintenance as necessary, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Know how the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- Understand the effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Know how to load, store and transport representative materials
- Understand the basic construction of pallets