Is this course right for me?
IT Support is a great way to get into this industry, as it builds knowledge, experience and confidence, creating a strong foundation to a prosperous career.
Members of an IT Support team maintain the computer networks of all types of organisations, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. IT Support monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems.
Possessing these essential IT skills will open a pathway to many exciting and future-proof roles, outside of IT Support jobs, including Cyber Security, Cloud Architect, Business Intelligence, Developer, DevOps and Network Administrators.
There are no formal requirements but it would be advantageous to:
- Have a basic or intermediate understanding of computing and networks and:
- Be a fast learner
- Be hardworking
- Be committed to succeed
The course includes exams which are invigilated online and you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
Once you have completed this course, we recommend you to look at the EC Council (CEH) Course
Additional campus/course information:
- Remote Learning
This IT Support Job Academy programme includes 6 industry recognised qualifications, which have been designed to help you move into a career as an IT Support professional.
Throughout this programme you’ll gain a thorough understanding of the different techniques and tools valued by employers, as well as receive essential hands-on training and lab-based exercises, which will enable you to test and improve your new skills in a live but secure environment.
Course Overview and Learning Outcome:
- IT Concepts and Terminology - Illustrate basic computing, data and troubleshooting
- Applications and Software - Understand the components of an OS and manage applications software
- Database Fundamentals - Understand and explain database purpose, structures and concepts
- Infrastructure - Set up and install devices to PC or laptops and secure basic wireless networks
- Software Development - Interpret logic, know the purpose of programming concepts
- Security - Comprehend confidentiality, integrity and availability concerns of secure devices
Windows Server Training:
- Deploying and managing Windows Server
- Managing active directory domain services objects
- Automating active directory domain services administration
- Implementing IPv4, IPv6, and DNS
- Securing Windows Servers using group policy objects
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (MS-900):
- Understand cloud concepts
- Understand core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
- Understand security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365
- Understand Microsoft 365 pricing and support
Microsoft 365 Identity and Services (MS-100):
- Design and implement Microsoft 365 services
- Manage user identity and roles
- Manage access and authentication
- Plan Office 365 workloads and applications
ITIL® 4 Foundation:
- How ITIL® builds upon and support Lean, Agile, DevOps, and other project and process management practices
- The seven guiding principles of ITIL®4
- ITIL® service value system
- The four dimensions of service management
- The ITIL® practices; understanding the purpose and key terms of all 15, with an in-depth understand of seven
Microsoft Windows 10 (MD-100):
- Deploy Windows
- Manage devices and data
- Configure connectivity
- Maintain Windows
- Take part in recruitment workshops
- Participate in technical mock interviews
- Attend a series of ‘Meet an Employer’ events
- Accept invitations to interview
- Receive an offer of a job placement.