Is this course right for me?
CompTIA is the world's largest vendor-neutral IT certification body. The CompTIA A+ course has been specially designed for individuals looking to start a career in the IT sector.
By the end of this course, you’ll become a confident problem solver, with the capability of supporting current core technologies from cloud and security to data management.
Whether you are an IT Technician looking to update your existing knowledge, or a complete novice looking to move into the IT industry for the first time, this course is suited for you.
There are no formal requirements, but you’ll need a keen interest in the subject.
The course includes exams which are invigilated online and you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
Once you have completed this course, we recommend you to look at the CompTIA Network+ Course.
Additional campus/course information:
- Remote Learning
Key learning points in the course include:
- Laptops, desktop PCs, smartphones, tablets, wearables, e-readers, GPS
- Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS X, Chrome OS
- Mobile device network connectivity, application support and device synchronization
- Networking hardware devices (Routers, switches, access points, cloud-based network controller, PoE, etc.)
- Networked hosts, server role, Internet appliances, legacy systems
- PC hardware tools and components, BIOS/UEFI settings, solid state drives (M2, NVME, SATA 2.5), RAID 10, hot swappable storage configurations
- Custom PC configurations including virtualization workstations and NAS devices
- Sharing multifunction devices and printers via OS settings, wired and wireless connections, 3D printing
- Logical security concepts, Active Directory security settings, software tokens, MDM policies, MAC address filtering, certificates, VPN, DLP, email filtering
- Security protocols and encryption (WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES), authentication methods (single-factor, multifactor, RADIUS, TACACS), security threat identification and prevention
- Privacy concerns and policies (PII, PCI, GDPR, PHI).