Is this course right for me?
CompTIA is the world's largest vendor-neutral IT certification body. Develop your IT professional skills to an exceptionally high level with this CompTIA course and exam package. With CompTIA A+ Technician, Network+ and Security+ courses, and entry to the relevant exams, it has everything you need to achieve your CompTIA certifications, in one convenient package.
There are no formal requirements, but you’ll need a keen interest in the subject.
The course includes exams which are invigilated online and you need to have access to an internet enabled device with a microphone and a webcam.
Once you have completed this course, we recommend you to look at the CompTIA Cyber Security Analyst (CySA+) Course
Additional campus/course information:
- Remote Learning
Key learning points in this course includes:
- Work through the Official CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ courses before taking the exams to achieve complete certification in all three areas of expertise.
- Official CompTIA A+ (220-1001 and 220-1002 Core Series)
- Laptops, desktop PCs, smartphones, tablets, wearables, e-readers, GPS
- Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS X, Chrome OS
- Mobile device network connectivity, application support and device synchronization
- Networking hardware devices (Routers, switches, access points, cloud-based network controller, PoE, etc.)
- Networked hosts, server role, Internet appliances, legacy systems
- PC hardware tools and components, BIOS/UEFI settings, solid state drives (M2, NVME, SATA 2.5), RAID 10, hot swappable storage configurations
- Custom PC configurations including virtualization workstations and NAS devices
- Sharing multifunction devices and printers via OS settings, wired and wireless connections, 3D printing
- Logical security concepts, Active Directory security settings, software tokens, MDM policies, MAC address filtering, certificates, VPN, DLP, email filtering
- Security protocols and encryption (WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES), authentication methods (single-factor, multifactor, RADIUS, TACACS), security threat identification and prevention
- Privacy concerns and policies (PII, PCI, GDPR, PHI)
Official CompTIA Network+ (N10-006)
- Study network theory.
- Look at bounded and unbounded network media.
- Gain understanding of network implementations.
- Book your knowledge of TCP/IP addressing and data delivery.
- Study a lesson on routing.
- Look in detail at TCP/IP services.
- Move on to look at the WAN infrastructure.
- Next study cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Complete a lesson on network security basics.
- Learn how to prevent security breaches and respond to security incidents.
- Understand network management.
- Look at how to troubleshoot network issues in detail.
Official CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401)
- Learn how to measure and weigh risk.
- Look at monitoring and diagnosing networks.
- Develop your understanding of devices and infrastructure.
- Study access control, authentication and authorisation in detail.
- Take a lesson in protecting wireless networks.
- Understand security and the cloud.
- Look at host, data and application security.
- Study cryptography in detail.
- Boost your knowledge of malware, vulnerabilities and threats.
- Understand social engineering and other foes.
- Take a comprehensive look at security administration.
- Become adept at disaster recovery and incident response.