Is this course right for me?
This course is for those who have management responsibilities on a construction site and therefore targets site supervisors, site managers, assistant site managers and site agents.
The course will provide candidates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction-sites. Designed to meet the basic environmental knowledge that sub-contractors are required to prove to major contractors and covers the environmental aspects of the new touch screen Health, safety and environment test.
Dysgu O Bell / Remote Learning
A mixture of on-line tutor led learning and interactive activities
At the conclusion of the course, delegates are required to undertake a short multiple-choice assessment.
Other Grwp courses
Additional campus/course information:
- Remote Learning
At the end of the Site Safety Plus Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme course successful candidates will be able to:
Candidates who successfully complete the course will be able to:
- Understand the Environmental impacts of construction processes
- Understand the relevant legislation and how to regulate it
- Understand How to achieve compliance
- Understand best practice techniques to use on site
This course will cover the following topics:
- Why is the environment important
- Environmental Management Systems
- Contaminated land
- Waste Management
- Pollution and Water Management
- Being a good neighbour
- Energy and Resources
Being a responsible contractor