Is this course right for me?
This qualification is knowledge-based and designed for learners who are aspiring leaders or managers within the Health and Social Care sector. It is suitable for the following:
- Learners who have successfully completed a Level 2 Health and Social Care, or a recognised equivalent qualification
- Learners who have successfully completed Level 3 Health and Social Care: Practice (Adults or Children and Young People), or a recognised equivalent qualification
- Learners who have successfully completed Advanced GCE or Diploma in Health and Social Care, or Childcare
This is a knowledge-based qualification for learners employed or on placement within the health and social care sector who intend to progress to a management or leadership role. This qualification provides a ‘stepping stone’ opportunity for learners wanting to progress to Level 5 Management. This qualification is designed for learners to develop the key knowledge and understanding that underpins leadership and management in the health and social care sector.
Learners are required to complete this qualification (or an agreed comparable qualification) prior to taking the Level 5 Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care: Practice qualification.
Taught session, skills sessions including role plays. Self-directed learning.
This course will be delivered over 1 full day for a full academic year.
The Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care qualification is assessed through a combination of internal and external assessment. For the external assessment learners must successfully complete:
- A project that contains a written report, presentation and discussion based around a proposed change to practice
For the internal assessment learners must successfully complete:
- A series of tasks, involving both oral and written responses
Where relevant, assessments will be marked and returned to students with constructive and developmental feedback. Effective feedback combines information which enables students to understand the strengths and limitations of their past performance, and information which enables them to recognise how future performance can be improved. Students will be provided with feedback in a timely manner and this feedback will justify how the grade has been awarded. Students will have the opportunity to reflect on the feedback given and identify their strengths, things they found challenging and areas for development that they will feed forward to their next assessment. Feedback will include linking evidence to assessment criteria to demonstrate how the student will have met the learning outcomes.
The Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care qualification provides the knowledge for students to take their first step into a leadership role supporting both horizontal and vertical progression on to:
- Level 4 Professional Practice in Health and Social Care
- Level 5 Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care: Practice qualification
Additional campus/course information:
This qualification aims to prepare learners for a managerial role, by developing the knowledge requirements that underpin leadership and management within the health and social care sector.