Is this course right for me?
The Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management is designed for new and aspiring middle managers. The qualification helps learners to understand the role, gain business knowledge, and help to develop the technical skills they need to lead effectively at this level.
It particularly supports practising new middle managers seeking to develop the capabilities and personal awareness you need to be a leader , and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other challenges.
Benefits for you of undertaking this course are:
- Gain a range of key leadership and management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations.
- A recognised industry qualification for team leaders and aspiring managers.
Benefits for your employer of undertaking this course are:
- Effective and confident managers
- Middle managers with an advanced understanding of their role and function in your organisation
- Managers who can assess and improve their own leadership styles and behaviours
- Measurable results: workplace-based assessment ensures new skills are effectively transferred to your business.
Dysgu O Bell / Remote Learning
There are no formal entry requirements, but participants will:
- Be working as a manager and looking to consolidate your management skills and experience or recently promoted to middle management
- Have a proficient level of Basic Skills, Literacy and Numeracy and IT skills in order to benefit fully from the programme
- Have the support of their employers, with or without sponsorship
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is delivered online, it is tutor led through a blend of scheduled sessions comprising the following:
- Online induction pack*
- Webinars (online tutor led teaching professionals)
- Action learning sets (group and individual)
- Professional discussions
- Case studies
- Directed personal study
- 1-2-1 personal Tutorial sessions
* The online induction pack will fully familiarise you with all the tools and how to access them. You will receive this once you are enrolled on the course but before you actually start the taught sessions. You will also have access to a virtual learning environment where all your learning resources are, which will fully support you throughout your studies.
** Please note a laptop/computer, microphone, camera and internet access are required for this programme. Mobile phones and PDA’s are not suitable and will not provide a good learning experience.
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Work-based assignments
- Oral presentations
- Reflective reviews
Completion of this course allows you to progress in education and in employment. If you already hold a management position, the course helps you to be an effective and efficient manager. You will develop your professional practice and may be able to work towards promotion into middle management.
For your continuing professional development, you can continue to complete the ILM Level 4 Certificate and Diploma in Leadership and Management.
As you progress in your career, you can advance onto the ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management which helps equip you for middle management responsibilities.