Is this course right for me?
The Ladders Association accredited course is aimed at operatives and supervisors who require the knowledge and practical skills to work safely with and inspect ladders/stepladders.
To provide delegates with the knowledge to select appropriate work at height equipment for a task, correctly locate and safely use ladders and stepladders, and inspect ladders and stepladders for damage and to record equipment details and inspections as outlined in PUWER.
- Ladder and Stepladder User – Morning Session
- Legislation and regulations affecting work at height
- Product standards and classifications for ladders
- Hazards affecting the use of ladders and step ladders
Assessing Risks, Standards and Classifications
- Planning and Organising, Selecting and Using – STEP
- Storage, Handling and Maintenance
- Ladder and Stepladder Inspection – Afternoon Session
- Legal requirements and guidance
- Initial inspection
- Asset register
- Inspection procedures
- Inspection Documentation
- Manufacturing techniques
- Maintenance / repairs
A mixture of classroom led learning with practical and interactive activities
Theory Test and Practical Assessment
Other Grwp courses