Is this course right for me?
For Experienced operators who have no formal training records. Competence will be assessed on the day of training.
The RTITB Counterbalance Lift Truck (often referred to as a forklift) operator training course will give you the skills to operate the truck safely and efficiently, carry out a pre-use inspection, and recall and explain the causes of truck and load instability.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas;
- Lift truck controls and instruments
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the truck
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- On/off ramp driving
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Stacking and destacking
- Lift truck stability
The operators’ safety code
Learning through a mix of e-learning, classroom-based teaching and practical exercises.
- Complete online e-Truck training
- In Centre assessments:
- Paper based theory assessment
- Practical pre-use check
- Practical skills assessment
- 1 day Conversion to REACH truck operator
- 1 day management of work based transport