Is this course right for me?
This two-day course is for those on-site with responsibility for managing all forms of temporary works.
It is designed to give confidence to senior management and those who engage with contractors.
The course will provide candidates with a thorough knowledge of the role of a temporary works coordinator.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- The importance of the '4Cs': communications, cooperation, coordination and competency in managing temporary works as a Temporary Works coordinator
- Understanding the need for, and the duties of, a temporary works coordinator
- Understanding the roles of others
- Understanding BS5975, the code of Best Practice for Temporary Structures on Building Sites
- Statutory aspects of temporary works
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Management of the temporary works process.
Taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
You will need to do some self-study outside of the course.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend the full two-day course - see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
Other Grŵp courses.