Is this course right for me?
The photographic portfolio building course will introduce you to a range of photographers working within various disciplines. You will also be introduced to and have access to our photographic studio and digital photographic Mac Suites including software such as Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
After being introduced to renowned traditional and contemporary photographers working within many areas of photography such as Landscape, Documentary, Fine Art, commercial and many others you will be required with the facilitation of your tutor and peers to produce a Portfolio of your Photographic images that begin to define your own practice or subject choice.
You will have full tutor support and will be welcomed if you are a beginner or novice photographer. The course will suite those wanting to learn more about their camera, photographic software techniques, those wishing to gain insight and knowledge into how contemporary and traditional photographers make and have made photographs and those wanting to be part of a creative environment with the aim of producing a meaningful and professional photographic portfolio.
What you will learn:
- Effective portfolio building techniques used by renowned traditional and contemporary Photographers
- Image organisation and file management
- Confidence building as a photographer
- Editing and sequencing of images
- Exhibition management
- Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Foundations including
- Cropping and resizing
- Changing the brightness and contrast of an image
- White Balance and Colour correction
- Simple Layering Techniques
- File Formats
- Saving your Digital Images for Printing including correct resolution
Through weekly workshops
Via weekly assignments
Progression to other short courses in photography and art and design that require a portfolio of work.