Is this course right for me?
This qualification at Level 1 is designed for those wishing to enter the industry and for those wanting to gain a welding qualification for their own personal skills development. What do the qualifications cover? They allow candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the engineering sector.
PPE - Safety boots, overalls and safety glasses (welding PPE will be supplied).
Mostly hands on practical skills training with classroom introduction to Mig welding process, equipment, Health and Safety.
- 5 practical assignments
- Oral test
The qualifications provide knowledge and/or practical skills related to the Level 1 NVQ Certificate in Performing Engineering Operations (QCF) On completion of these qualifications candidates may progress into employment or to the following City and Guilds qualifications:
- Level 2 Award in Welding Skills (3268-02)
- Level 2 Award in Thermal Cutting Techniques (3268-22)
- Level 2 Award in Metal Fabrication (3268-23)
- Level 2 Certificate in Welding, Fabrication and Cutting Skills (3268-25)
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering (2850)