Is this course right for me?
Participants will learn how to structure and deliver training that works within own workplace, using the skills and techniques associated with experienced and highly effective trainers.
Learners will be able to:
• Identify and explain how people learn
• Identify training and development needs for the workplace and plan appropriate training sessions
• Understand how to create a conducive learning environment to retain attention levels and long term learning
• Design relevant training sessions to meet learner’s / workplace needs using a variety of learning styles and learning domains.
• Identify the most appropriate learning resources for individuals and workplace
• Develop skills for effective training sessions
• Develop constructive feedback skills to individuals and groups
• Set up session rules for a conducive learning environment
• Evaluate own training session and set an action plan for further development.
Course Fee: £410
The intended participants are supervisors, team leaders and managers, from small, medium and large employers - public, private and third sector organisations.
The programme is intended for individuals/professionals, who are involved in group training sessions, 1-2-1 training with members of staff, or a toolbox talk training session
College sessions/lecture, group work and personal study.
The sessions are delivered mainly in English and the session resources are available in English although some resources are available in Welsh.
The programme will be assessed through an observation on Day 3 including delivering a training session, and via a written reflective assignment on the training delivered. Learners will achieve an ILM Endorsed Certificate.
ILM Level 3 Award in Effective Mentoring
ILM Level 3 Award in Effective Coaching