Is this course right for me?
Benefits for individuals
• Know what it takes to be an effective mentor
• Understand the role and responsibilities of effective mentors
• Learn a recognised mentoring model and the tools and techniques to support it
• Put your new skills into practice by carrying out supervised mentoring sessions
• Analyse your mentoring performance in order to improve own ability
Benefits for employers
• Implement mentoring to improve organisational performance
• Ensure the individuals developed as effective mentors are equipped with the skills, knowledge and understanding they require
• Enhance the mentoring culture in your organisation by developing highly effective mentors
Course Fees Under the SEE Project are:
- Small/Micro business £220.50
- Medium £294.00
- Large £367.50
The Level 3 Certificate in Effective Mentoring is designed for learners at all levels who want to develop their knowledge and skills in effective mentoring within an organisational context. They are ideal for both new and existing mentors.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Role play exercises
The sessions are delivered in English and the session resources are mainly in English although some resources are available in Welsh. The assignment, and portfolio of evidence can be completed/submitted in Welsh.
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Work based assignment
- Portfolio submission including mentoring diary and reflective journal.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
ILM Level 3 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
ILM Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
ILM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
Additional campus/course information:
During the course, you will study 3 ILM Modules:
Understanding good practice in mentoring within an organisational context
- The purpose of this unit is to enable learners to understand good practice in mentoring
Undertaking an extended period of mentoring within an organisational context
- The purpose of this unit is to organise and undertake mentoring in the workplace.
Reflecting on mentoring skills within an organisational context
- The purpose of this unit is to enable learners to reflect on their own abilities as a workplace mentor.