Is this course right for me?
This 5 day SMSTS Training course is designed for site managers, site agents and persons who are, or dueto be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and a workforce.
Client-based personnel, Project Managers and site supervisors would also benefit from attending the course.
This highly interactive course is delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual / group presentations
At the end of the CITB SMSTS course delegates are required to sit an exam paper consisting of 25 questions, of which 5 are safety critical and require a short written answer. Multiple choice questions are worth 1 point each and safety critical questions are worth 1-3 points each.
Delegates must attend all 5 days, in accordance with the SMSTS course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives and qualify for the SMSTS certificate.
In order to pass the course delegates MUST answer ALL of safety critical questions correctly.
The SMSTS Course pass rate is 80% (28 out of 35).
Other courses within the Grŵp.
Additional campus/course information:
At the end of the SMSTS course successful candidates will be able to:
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The SMSTS course will cover the following topics
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- CDM Regulations
- Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Changes in accepted working practices
- Behavioural safety
- Confined Spaces
- Management of Occupational Health
- Working at Heights