Is this course right for me?
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course is aimed at people who are entering or are already working in the construction and civil engineering industry. The site safety plus course provides candidates with an understanding and practical summery on the health, safety and wellbeing of their employees and general public.
The course covers their responsibilities and duties and what they should do if someone's health and safety is compromised.
At the end of the Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness course successful candidates will understand:
- Why they carry out their identified duties
- What exactly is expected of them in their role
- How they should contribute to the health and safety in the workplace
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course will cover the following: -
- The need to prevent accidents
- Understanding health and safety law
- Identifying how each worker's role fits into the control and management of the site
- Understanding the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciating the need to work safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- The obligation to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
Learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching.
Course assessment will consist of a multiple choice test of 25 questions, of which 3 are safety critical. Delegates are required to achieve the pass rate of 80% (20 out of 25) and MUST get all 3 safety critical questions correct.
You could choose one of the many different courses available at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai.