Is this course right for me?
This qualification provides recognition of the skills, competence and knowledge of individuals working in radiation protection and Health Physics Monitoring. It is aimed at learners who may be technical staff but may also be employed in a wide range of support roles. It will also aid employers to comply with the statutory Ionising Radiation Regulations 1999. 14 units must be completed, including:
- Monitoring radiation hazards and conditions
- Monitoring environmental conditions
- Monitoring people during radiation work
- Undertaking radiation-related work activities
- Responding to radiation incidents
- Radiation protection equipment testing
- All apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The majority of training is provided in the workplace. Attendance at college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential.
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
Progress from Level 2 to Level 3 supervisor's role.