Is this course right for me?
This framework provides a nationally agreed apprenticeship framework for a work-based learning route into employment in the marine industry, using qualifications that combine both skills and knowledge. Job roles covered under the marine framework include Marine Mechanical Engineer, Marine Electrical Engineer, Rigger, Boat Builder and Yard Hand.
- All apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in the marine industry is desirable.
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The technical training is provided in the college one day per week including time in practical workshops. The majority of the practical training is provided by the employer in the workplace, however the college will require all learner to attend college-based workshop sessions to complete theory tasks and tests.
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
You can progress from Level 2 to a Level 3.