Is this course right for me?
The Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media (Level 3) addresses the entry-level skills needs of employers in these priority industries and creates an alternative progression route into employment, for those individuals who thrive from learning in more practical settings. It is an exciting and innovative way for people to enter into the Creative Media Industries. Apprentices will not only be learning the most relevant and up-to-date skills, they will also be assisting in the growth of businesses, forging valuable networks within the industry, and earning a wage while they do it.
- All apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in the creative industry is desirable.
- All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The majority of training is provided in the workplace. Attendance at college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential.
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
The Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media (Level 3) covers new entrant roles in the following Creative Media Industries such as broadcast production, interactive media, film, photo imaging and camera and lighting.