Is this course right for me?
This course teaches the skills supervisors need to carry out work to the standards of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 - the legal framework for street works.
It is for new roads and street work supervisors who:
- locate underground apparatus
- set up equipment for works in the highway
- carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement
You will become competent in the supervision of manual excavation and reinstatement on the highway, including:
- Location and avoidance of underground services
- Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding; co-ordination procedures and code of practice
- Monitoring excavation in the highway; specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base and road-base materials
- Monitoring laying practices and reinstatement of bituminous materials; specification and types of materials
- Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete highways
No formal entry requirements.
- Classroom Taught
- Practical Tasks
- Written assessment
- Practical Task and Observation
You could choose one of the many different courses available at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai