Is this course right for me?
This course teaches the skills you need to carry out work to the standards of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 - the legal framework for street works.
It is for new roads and street work operatives who:
- locate underground apparatus
- set up equipment for works in the highway
- carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement
- Location and avoidance of underground apparatus
- Signing, lighting and guarding units
- Excavation in the road/highway
- Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- Reinstatement of sub-base and road-base in non-bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
- Reinstatement of hot-lay bituminous materials
- Reinstatement of concrete slabs
No formal entry requirements.
- Classroom Taught
- Practical Tasks
- Written assessment
- Practical Task and Observation
New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) 1991 - Supervisor